Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mission Trip To New Orleans - Day 1 - traveling

Hey, sorry for not posting in FOREVER.  I can't sleep, as i'm in Slidell, Louisiana about to begin our mission trip 5 hours from now...

its 1am.

I'm just overwhelmed by everything right now, as I heard that the organization has lost its funding, and this will be the last year they will be able to serve the community. 

I was reading through Ecclesiastes ch 1 and 2, and listening to Jack Johnson's all at once, and it was just reiterating the spiritual "stress" that I'm trying to swallow on this mission trip.  It's hard to remember that you make a difference, but the world moves and doesn't stop.  God wants you here in this moment to do His (or Her for gender equality) work.  At the same time, funding stops when there's still houses to be built, people living in FEMA trailers, etc. 

If you are familiar with the starfish story...I just got to remember to save not all of the starfish...just this one and any others I can put my hands on. 

I ask for your prayers at this moment for the youth mission team, and just that God does not stop doing his work for those still struggling after Katrina...now 5 years later.

Blessings. -JV

No comments: