Monday, July 11, 2011

Charlie Brown Syndrome

haha, what a ironic world...

So about the 1-2 week here, I bought a mailbox, just to separate my mail from the rest of the house, and to just to make sure that my mail was safe since I wouldn't be home most of the day.  I paid an amt for about twice the length I was going to be here, because 6 months was the shortest length of time.  It was fine. 

I've been telling everyone...everyone not to mail me any packages.  I appreciate all the love and everything, but there's two things I possibly could need over here.  First is food, and I have access to food and it would cost way too much to send me food, so yeah, that doesn't make too much sense.  The second is that eventually in about a month, I will be driving back home, and I will have to figure out a way how to get everything back to LA.  It was cramped already driving back home...

But I have charlie brown syndrome.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about, watch the old cartoons when Charlie brown is looking in his mailbox for a valentines care or a christmas card...nothing is ever found in the mail box.  I only check my mailbox twice a week, and I don't expect anything in my mail box...and when I drive up to the post office, look for box 7813, I get out my key, turn the lock, and.........

nothing.

I go home.

I shouldn't say that I haven't gotten anything, Mika has sent me a package from Minnesota that cracked me up.  I'm just saying that Charlie Brown Syndrome comes from two major factors.  One is just missing home.  The other is paying almost $40 for a PO box.  haha...I don't know exactly what to say other than the fact that I put this on myself, and just thought you would get a kick out of it.  And don't get me wrong, no one did anything wrong, i'm not forgotten, lot of ppl have been in contact with me.

It's just this stupid mail box is something that raises up my hopes and crushes it every time I get there!

:)

No comments: