Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Luck

So, this is the post where I'll talk about luck...

I'm not really a superstitious person, but I do notice things that would...freak other people out.  For example.  I drive by a house that owns 4-6 black cats.  Freaks me out every day because I don't want a "bad" day at the hospital...whatever that means.  You NEVER tell pepole that it seems quiet on the floor, because you jinx them later.

Amidst of all the superstition, I think of how lucky I am and have been throughout this program.  Sure, there's been tough times, but I've always had people looking out for me.  I had people supporting me both near and far.  I got to meet people who are struggling through life and still have faith in God.  I've seen miracles done by God on patients over many years, 2 hour alcohol-dependency group sessions, and in two minutes.  And that last one about the two minutes, the guy needed CPR for about 30 min.  The doctor asked the family if they could stop, the family said no.  The doctor gave his staff two more minutes and in those two min they were able to get his heart beating on its own.

Luck...
I'd rather call it a blessing...
a miracle...
God's presence...
faith...

No comments: