Saturday, September 10, 2011

A reflection in music

All at once, the world can overwhelm you.

And you think that you have it under control but you realize that the ground you stand on isn't as firm as you thought it was, and you fall.  We keep asking ourselves if we're strong enough, but we change in midstream. 

To make the world better.
To make the people happier.
To make our lives easier.
To make the event more successful.

In light of the musical, amidst my frustrations, I think we get caught up in doing things better, simpler, faster, and from different perspectives, that we lose our own group understanding.  That's when the frustration comes: when people want to change, and others are not ready.  The change is for the common good, but if it was good already, there's no need to change.  All-in-all, the musical ran well.  The dinner ran well.  The youth, advisors, and adults did well.  The kitchen staff did well, and the cast did amazing.  And I got to hang out with my advisors.  And I got to thank my youth.  And I got to hang out with my youth. 

So eventhough i was frustrated, I really am grateful for what God has given us: through hardwork, we have dedication. Through time off, we have fellowship.  Through silly-ness, we have memories.  Through it all, we have music.

Thank you God, thank you Faith UMC, thank you youth, parents, advisors, adults, congregation and community. 

There's a world we've never seen
There's still hope between the dreams

No comments: