Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Change for good

As I sit in the church watching the congregation get ready for their musical, one of the members began singing a song from Wicked...at least I think it was from wicked.  I latched onto the words of the chorus, which kept echoing the words, "change for good". 

It moved me, even though most of the change I was initially dealing with.  I have a sprained ankle and a pulled back, and I'm trying to move into an area which people have warned me about.  I'm trying to get back into the mood of doing youth work, but it's not transitioning well, as I've been trying to juggle the upcoming events for the HS youth group.

Change for good.  As much as I can complain about, I AM SO GRATEFUL.  I'm not afraid of the area, as I've been to places more ghetto in Fresno and I felt that there are places in Virginia could rival it.  My neighbors are nice and watch out for each other.  But most of all, I"M CLOSER TO WORK.  Work is getting more stressful because I'm given more tasks and more responsibilities.  It should be awesome!  Mika's coming down more cuz her sister Mari moved down! 

Change for good.  I am happy, counting my blessings, loving my loved ones, and reuniting with my youth.  Amen.

No comments: