Friday, September 9, 2011

Why are musicals so stressful?

Amidst trying to move and get ready for the new year, the church is throwing their annual musical performance.  And every year the cast does an amazing job, and have heard nothing but positive comments of the music and the performers. 

So why is everyone so stressed out? 

I look at everyone and they're not necessarily irritated, but just exhausted.  Burned out.

Just done.  With everything.

It bothers me, but I have no answer or no real reflection.  If you were to ask why people help, you would get a range of answers: I love to sing, I love to hear singing, I love to help the church, someone asked me to help out, it goes to a good cause, and I don't have anything better to do. 

I guess I'm torn between the benefits and the costs of this ministry.  Does it benefit everyone?  Does it cost everyone? I'm not sure I could say yes or no for either of these questions. 

No comments: