Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Getting my feet wet

Today we walked on the floor.  Today and tomorrow I follow Joy who is a resident intern and is just amazing both in her care and as a person.  I was handed a list of patients on the floors I was assigned, and Joy helped me introduce myself to everyone while giving me a tour as well as what floors/units she was assigned to.  

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I really had a good time.  Fumbled a little because I wasn't ready to say a few prayers, but all-in-all, it wasn't too bad.  too bad at all actually, because I wasn't alone.  And i mean that in the sense of following Joy, but also that the patients were wanting to know who I was too.  And I also mean that God was right there with me. 

I think that for the past few days I've been psyching myself out thinking that I would freeze up and just be in a state of shock.  I assume that it will happen sometime down the road, but at least for now, I thought to myself "I can do this" or "this is exciting" but always "There is no way I could do this without God."

No comments: